The Best Things to Do in Mountain View This Summer
As we get back to normal travel and activities, the San Francisco South Bay Area is a fun summer destination for outdoor recreation. Nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the city of Mountain View – known for its tech companies – offers a natural side with beautiful parks, trails, paths, golf courses, and of course, dramatic mountain views.
Summer in Silicon Valley means warm, sunny weather, blue skies, and a few family adventures. Our front desk team has put together their favorite things to do in the fresh air of Mountain View. Here goes:
Top 10 Things to do Outside in Mountain View
- Tee off on the beautiful golf courses in Mountain View: Shoreline Golf Links, The Golf Club at Moffett Field and Stanford Golf Course
- Walk with spirits and tour the bizarre Winchester Mystery House and Sarah Winchester's Gardens
- Walk, bike, hike and play in Shoreline at Mountain View. This park offers scenic trails, open spaces, a lake for kayaking, paddle boarding and sailing, and an 18-hole championship golf course.
- Walk through downtown Mountain View with shops, coffee houses, patios, sidewalk cafes
- Shop at the Sunday Farmer's Market in downtown Mountain View – the third largest market in California - with more than 70 regional growers and vendors with organic produce, baked goods, and flowers.
- Walk, bike, and run along the 5-mile Stevens Creek Trail from Shoreline Park through Mountain View and the Permanente Creek Trail.
- Bike, walk and hike the trail up to Vista Slope, one of the South Bay's most spectacular viewing spots of Stanford University's Hoover Tower, Shoreline Golf Links and the San Francisco skyline.
- Marvel at the architecture of Rengstorff House, the oldest residence in Mountain View characterized by a Victorian Italianate design.
- Snap a photo of you and the Android Lawn statues on the Googleplex, the headquarters if Google in Mountain View.
- Explore Pioneer Memorial Park, with lovely open spaces, lawns, walkways, picnic benches and public tennis courts.
Mountain View offers an eclectic food and drink scene that caters to the diverse cultures of Silicon Valley. Whether you're craving Korean BBQ or burgers and beer, Mountain View offers great restaurants and dozens of outdoor patios for safe, summer dining.
- Steins Beer Garden & Restaurant – American & German - 895 Villa Street, Mountain View
- Pacific Catch – Seafood - 545 San Antonio Road, Suite 34, Mountain View
- 10 Butchers Korean BBQ – Korean – 595 E El Camino Real, Mountain View
- Cucina Venti Restaurant – Italian - 1390 Pear Ave Ste D, Mountain View
- QBB - Quality Bourbons and Barbecue – American BBQ – 216 Castro St., Mountain View
- Casa Lupe – Mexican - 459 Castro St, Mountain View
Stay Safe at Hotel Strata – A Mountain View Tradition
In the heart of downtown Mountain View sits an intimate boutique hotel that's been part of the community for more than a decade. Hotel Strata offers a modern, comfortable home away in Silicon Valley. We offer beautifully designed rooms and suites with 65" TVs, heated bathroom floors, and Rabbit air purifiers for your health.
This leisure and business hotel pampers guests with complimentary parking, electric car charging stations, free bike rentals, and a hot and hearty breakfast to go. Save on your next trip to Mountain View by booking our Advance Purchase Package, AAA and AARP specials with our best rates of the season.
Hotel Strata Cares About Your Well-being
We remain committed to the highest standards of cleaning and disinfecting in all rooms, suites, and common areas of the hotel. Employees wear masks and are trained on responsible hospitality. Relax and renew with the peace of mind that your safe with us.