One of the best ways to experience the exceptional weather of Mountain View and appreciate the great outdoors while spending quality family time is at Shoreline Lake Park. A sprawling 750-acre nature preserve, park, and recreation area, Shoreline at Mountain View is located on beautiful San Francisco Bay within five miles of Hotel Strata. So, get the whole family together and spend your Silicon Valley vacation exploring this scenic park with some of these great things to do with kids.
- Kite Lot: Featuring a wide open, unobstructed space where dozens of parkgoers gather for flying fun, kiting is a great way to spend time with kids of any age. Teach the younger children how to fly a kite or organize a competition with your older kids and other kiters in the area.
- Water Sports: Appropriate for kids as young as eight years old, stand-up paddleboarding is a great way to experience the scenic, calm waters of Shoreline Lake. Take a family lesson or let the kids experience the thrilling sensation of gliding on water during a youth clinic or camp session. For families with younger children, pedalboats can be rented at the Shoreline Aquatic Center to cruise along the lake.
- Scow Schooner Playground: Centered around a replica scow schooner that pays homage to the vessels once prominent in the ports of San Francisco Bay, this playground is perfect for toddlers and elementary school aged children. The grounds feature a sand lot and climbing and play structures featuring a nautical theme to allow your kids' imaginations to run wild.
- Rengstorff House: Mountain View's oldest home, this 12-room Victorian mansion offers a look at historic architecture, furniture, and period décor during free public tours on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays. Explore the historic artifacts throughout the two-story home that;s been fully restored.
- Hiking & Biking: Rev up your kids' adventurous side with a family hike or bike ride on one of the park's four trails, all of which either lead to scenic overlooks or connect to other regional trail systems. Shoreline Park features both dirt and paved trails, so parents with small kids and babies can still walk the trails with a stroller.