Spend Spring Break in San Francisco at the Cherry Blossom Festival 20018Not sure what to do this Spring Break? Head to Japantown in San Francisco for the 2018 Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival on April 14-15 or April 21-22. The Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco is all about fantastic food, cultural dances, and a fun vibe. Here's where culture and history of the Japanese-American community are celebrated.
What to ExpectFrom J-Pop music and martial arts to the traditional dance and tea ceremony, you're in for the time of your life. Here are few ideas to get you in the mood!
Eat & Drink
- Sample different Japanese food from the block-long area with tons of booths.
- Stop at Sapporo Beer Garden for a cold one, sit back, and enjoy the festival vibe.
- See some of the most extraordinary martial arts demonstrations.
- Attend an origami showcase in the Arts & Crafts Area at the Buchanan Mall.
- Catch Sakura 360's non-stop action with gaming, anime, contests, and music.
- Bring the little ones for painting and games at Sanrio Kids' Corner.
Programs & Parade
- Attend Queen Program inspiring young women of Japanese descent.
- March in the Grand Parade, starting at City Hall and finishing in Japantown.